First it was Xiaomi, now Oppo announces plans for UK launch

Oppo will be holding a January 29 launch event, where it’s expected to detail its plans.

Spread the love

The back of the Oppo R17 Pro

Xiaomi made a big splash in the U.K. late last year, when it finally brought its mobile wares to the country. Now, Oppo has committed to take on its rival Chinese brand in the British market, head on.

The manufacturer announced the plan on Twitter, confirming a new Oppo U.K. Twitter account as well as a January 29 launch event.

We don’t know which phones the company will bring to the U.K., but a teaser video showed a device that looks an awful lot like the Oppo R17 Pro. The R17 Pro offers a triple camera setup of sorts, albeit with a 3D ToF sensor instead of a traditional camera.

Editor’s Pick

Another potential device for a U.K. launch could be the flagship Oppo Find X, which offers an innovative “periscope” camera design and speedy internals. Other candidates include the mid-range Oppo F9, and the lower end Oppo A7 (essentially a Realme 2 variant).

We’ll need to wait until January 29 for the brand to reveal its strategy, but the U.K. market is certainly becoming more crowded than ever before. The company will need to have some compelling deals to steal market-share from the likes of Huawei, Honor, Samsung, and Xiaomi. Or better yet, a smart kettle…

NEXT: The Lenovo Smart Tabs combine an Android tablet with a smart speaker dock

Facebook Comments

Related Post

As Magic Leap preps for its first developer conference, the focus ... Even as Magic Leap has cleared the milestone of its first hardware release, the augmented reality startup still has big challenges ahead as it aims to entice developers to build the conten...
What will AMLO do with his landslide win? MILLIONS OF Mexicans went to the polls earlier this month to express their discontent with the current state of society — and their hope for a better future. They chose Andrés Manuel López...
Lion Air crash: Indonesia finds faults in more new Boeing planes Indonesia's transport ministry said Friday it had found "minor" faults in two other Boeing 737-MAX 8 jets, including a cockpit indicator display problem which an analyst said may be simila...
Spread the love

Posted by Contributor

%d bloggers like this: